A few days ago, I re-submitted my game to the Windows Phone marketplace. I fixed all the faults and added some better visuals. In fact, the game is a lot more user friendly. I added an about screen and added volume controls to the settings screen. I fixed a lot of stuff and I think it was worth the effort. I also fixed a crucial problem with the force fields collision boxes. I am going to show you some before and after screen shots of my game and what I added:
I added the scale for the volume instead of just having it have an on and off switch. The volume works very well and I’ve tested it numerous times to make sure it works and won’t glitch or crash.
I added the about screen and put so information leading to here, my blog, and also put support information in it so if you have questions, comments, or feedback you can contact me.
(There was no before)
I simply made them more detailed and less pixelated; I have to say they look a lot better because of the touch ups. A noticeable thing that I think is the most prominent and important is that the alien’s texture gets an added “Mossy green” feel and colour to it that I blurred in it to make it look distinct and uniform.
I put the settings screen button and about button on the start screen and made the buttons more “buttonesque” than before. I also added better touch points so they would work better.
I changed a lot of the visuals and code, now my game is being processed and I hope it gets published. I have worked very hard on this and I hope it pays off. I am continuing to work on the update and I probably will not be able to publish it as soon as I’d like. Thank you for all your support so far and I hope you like my game!